Local FURNACE Installation, Repair and Service
We help home owners buy the best furnace for their home.
For complete furnace sales, installations, maintenance, and repairs, contact Clean Air Comfort Systems. We offer FREE furnace estimates and prompt responses to your service calls for repairs and furnace tune ups.
Give us a call to get your furnace on the schedule with us: 360-398-9400
Common TYPES OF FURNACES
- High-efficiency furnaces, commonly called 90% furnace. The minimum required by Washington State Energy code is 95%. All high efficiency furnaces available today and legal to install by code in new construction and new homes will range between 95%-98% efficient.
- Standard or entry level furnace. This is the least efficient furnace type available on the market today and in the State of Washington they can only be used to replace an existing furnace. The 80% efficient furnace is a good choice when a home owner is looking to replace their old or broken furnace at the lowest price.
- Single-stage furnace. A single stage furnace is the most basic when it comes to features. A single stage furnace can have any efficiency rating. Think of the single stage furnace as of a car with one single gear. Single stage furnaces are common in Whatcom County and all over Washington.
- Two-stage furnace. A two stage furnace is the second best. Regardless of the fuel type or fuel efficiency, a two stage furnace gives you two speeds. In first stage, a furnace will put out 40% of it’s capacity, and some furnace models will put out 70% of the total capacity. In second stage, the furnace puts out it’s full BTU capacity.
- Modulating furnace also known as variable capacity furnace. A modulating furnace is the best available and our clients who have installed them absolutely love them. A modulating furnace comes on at 40% of it’s total BTU capacity and it slowly ramps up it’s output in 1% increments based on your hose’s needs for heat at that moment. Modulating furnaces are the most comfortable and efficient because they match your needs at every given moment.
- Natural Gas furnace. All furnaces get shipped from the factory set up for natural gas. Natural gas is the most efficient fossil fuel readily available. PSE, CNG and other local utility companies have rebates for qualifying Energy Star furnaces. Clean Air Comfort Systems is a trade ally of preferred local HVAC Contractor for Puget Sound Energy and Cascade Natural Gas. You may qualify for a rebate with your furnace installation. We would love to help you navigate the available rebates and find a furnace which is the best match for your house, your family’s needs, your budged and qualify for an energy rebate.
- Propane Furnaces. A propane furnace is a good option in areas where natural gas is not available. Propane furnaces have the same characteristic as a natural gas furnace just not as cost effective to operate because the of the price of propane. LP prices vary all the time, but on average a propane furnace will cost you about twice as much as a natural gas furnace to operate. When you have a propane furnace we recommend you consider upgrading to a higher efficiency propane furnace or a heat pump.
- Oil Furnaces. You may have an in-ground or above ground fuel oil or diesel tank and an oil furnace. From what our clients tell us, heating with an oil furnace is not the cheapest. Actually, oil furnaces can be the most expensive to operate. The efficiency of on oil furnace is about 80-84% efficient when it is tuned up properly. Few companies offer installation and service of oil furnaces because not all HVAC technicians are equipped to install and service oil furnaces. If you have an oil furnace which needs to be repaired, tuned up or replaced we would love to help you. 360-398-9400
- Electric furnace. You can’t beat an electric furnace in simplicity, low cost of installation and ease of access for maintenance and repairs. On the other hand, and electric furnace is extremely expensive to operate because it consumes raw electricity to heat your home. That’s why PSE has partnered with trusted local providers like Clean Air Comfort Systems to give you options to upgrade your electric furnace to a high efficiency heat pump.
Quote or Service Request
Please tell us how we can help you!
We’re HVAC professionals.
Our heating and air professionals are certified, trained, and experienced in even the most challenging situations. We can help you find the right equipment, install it, and service it for you. Clean Air Comfort Systems is your one-stop shop for a comfortable living.